Senior Companion Program
The Senior Companion Program offers two opportunities:
- You can become a Senior Companion Volunteer to help seniors
- Or... you can contact us if you are looking to have a Senior Companion provide you, or a loved one, companionship
Requesting Companionship:Click here to find out how to request companionship for you or a loved one
Please contact Sue Carscadden at 352-527-5959.
Becoming a Volunteer:Click here to find out how you can become a Senior Companion volunteer to help seniors
Are you over 55?If you answered Yes - then the Senior Companion Program is for you!
Like to help others?
Have a Low Income?
Would like to earn a little extra income?
The Senior Companion Program (SCP) matches volunteers, age 55 or older, with homebound, at-risk elders, who need non-medical support in order for clients to remain independent, at home, and socially connected.
Income eligible Senior Companion Volunteers will receive a small stipend and gas reimbursement.
- Provide assistance with important daily activities.
- Provide transportation to medical appointments, grocery store, etc.
- Have a watchful eye to notice when extra care is necessary.
- Offer encouragement to remain physically and mentally active.
- Give assistance with letter writing and varied errands.
- Present community service information.
- Make a friendship that can last a lifetime.
- Over 55 years of age
- Income Eligible
- Are not part of the regular work force
- Are willing to accept supervision and work under the policies and guidelines of the program.
- Agree to a Level II background check
- Have a valid driver's license
- Show proof of vehicle insurance
- Complete 40 hours of pre-service training
- Attend monthly in-service training
- Pass an annual physical