MSBU / MSTU
MSBU - Municipal Service Benefit Units and Special Assessment Districts
- Fire Protection Service MSBU - Interim Assessments
- Solid Waste MSBU - Partial Year (Interim) Assessments
- Road Improvement and/or maintenance MSBU's - Administrative Regulation 11.13
- Street Lighting Municipal Service Street Lighting Units - Administrative Regulation 11.08-1
- Water & Wastewater MSBU’s
(Various water quality programs may be available whereby the improvement costs are borne by the benefited property owners)
MSBU vs. MSTU
Municipal Services Benefit Unit (MSBU)
A special district created to provide for projects and/or services to a specifically defined area of the County and financed by a special assessment to only those citizens receiving the benefits of those projects or services.
Municipal Services Taxing Unit (MSTU)
A taxing district covering a segment of the unincorporated area of the County, with individual assessed values and millage rates, which provides municipal-type services such as fire rescue, or road and street improvements to residents of the area.