2 types of organic mulch:
- Fine-grade - suitable for top dressing plants / shrubs and incorporating into composts / potting soils and useful for top-dressing lawns.
- Coarse-grade - suitable for retarding weed growth and for driveways / garden paths, as it drains quickly.
Self Load or Machine Load:
- Customers self-loading mulch is available during all hours of Landfill operation.
- Customers requesting vehicles and/or trailers to be machine loaded by county staff is available Tuesday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. No appointment necessary and is free of charge. Must have tarp to cover material and entrance ticket from the Scale house.
Recycled Yard Waste - Mulch - is produced by grinding the trimmings, branches, palm fronds, leaves and grass clippings that are brought to the landfill.
Here's what mulch is good for:
- Trails & paths
- Temporary parking lots
- Dust control
- Prevents erosion of soil from heavy rains
- Reduce evaporation of soil moisture during dry periods
- Cool the soil during hot summer months
- Protect trees from injury by mechanical equipment
- Reduce soil compaction