Citrus County Utilities coordinates an annual poster contest to promote water conservation awareness and celebrate Citrus 20/20’s Save Our Waters Week. Students grades K-12 are encouraged to create a poster depicting a water-saving idea, in slogan form, drawing form, or both.
Ten classrooms participated in the contest, each submitting the best poster produced within their class. These submissions then competed with other posters within their division. A twenty-five dollar cash prize was awarded to the best submission county-wide for each of the following divisions:
- Division 1 - kindergarten and first grades
- Division 2 - second and third grades
- Division 3 - fourth and fifth grades
- Division 4 - sixth, seventh and eighth grades.
- The school of each division winner also received a plaque displaying the winning poster. Lastly, division winning posters were submitted to the Florida Section of American Water Works Association’s state-wide Drop Savers poster contest.