3600 W. Sovereign Path
Lecanto, Fl. 34461
Office: (352) 527-7669
Fax: (352) 527-5429
Water Restriction Hotline:
Year-Round Water Conservation Measures
Lawn Watering Days and Times
- Lawn watering is limited to twice per week.
- Lawn watering days and times are as follows:
- Even addresses: (address "ending" with an even number)
Thursday and/or Sunday before 10:00 a.m. or after 4:00 p.m.
- Odd addresses: (address "ending" with an odd number)
Wednesday and/or Saturday before 10:00 a.m. or after 4:00 p.m.
- Locations without a discernable address: (such as rights-of-way and other common areas inside a subdivision)
Tuesday and/or Friday before 10:00 a.m. or after 4:00 p.m.
- Hand watering and micro-irrigation of plants (other than lawns) can be done on any day and any time.
New Lawns & Plants
- Residents are asked to check their irrigation systems to ensure they are working properly. This means testing and repairing broken pipes and leaks, and damaged or tilted sprinkler heads.
- Residents should also check their irrigation timer to ensure the settings are correct and the rain sensor is working properly in accordance with state law.
- New Plant Material may qualify for additional watering allowances, if it consists of at least 50 percent of an irrigated zone. ONLY zones that have more than fifty percent new plant material are allowed additional watering via an irrigation system. Citrus County suggests that you Call Before You Install new plant material. Citrus County Water Resources will conduct a site visit and explain your options. To learn if your new plantings qualify for additional watering, please call (352) 527-7669 or email email@example.com.
- Qualifying New Plant Material Watering Allowance:
- New lawns and plants have a 30-30 establishment period, which allows any day watering during the first 30 days, before 10:00 AM or after 4:00 PM.
- During the second 30 days, watering is allowed three days per week
- Even addresses may water on Tuesday, Thursday and/or Sunday, if needed
- Odd addresses may water Monday, Wednesday and/or Saturday, if needed
- Over seeding an existing lawn to improve its appearance, DOES NOT QUALIFY for the additional watering allowance. Spreading rye seed is an example of over seeding that does not qualify.
Fountains, Car Washing and Pressure Washing
- Reclaimed water remains subject to voluntary watering hours, unless restricted by the local government or utility.
- There are no restrictions on fountains, car washing and pressure washing. However, the District asks that residents be as efficient as possible, such as using a shutoff nozzle on their hose so water isn't wasted.
- Water utilities and their local governments are expected to review and revise water restriction enforcement procedures, submit monthly enforcement reporting and communicate with customers about water restrictions and water conservation.