Online Permitting Changes
TO: All Active Contractors Doing Business with the Citrus County BOCC
FROM: Department of Growth Management, Building Division; Department of Systems Management, Administration
DATE: December 1, 2022
SUBJECT: IMPORTANT NEWS - New Portal Account Request Form REQUIRED
Citrus County will be updating the Hansen Permitting System and the Online Permitting System as of Wednesday, April 19, 2023. You will no longer have access to the Online Permitting System as of that date. We are requiring your office to follow the directions listed below to help us set up a new web portal account so that you will be able to maintain existing building permits and apply for new building permits and planning applications. For the full announcement please click here:
What to Expect
- Our current online permitting system will no longer be available as of Wednesday, April 19, 2023.
- The migration process will begin Wednesday night, April 19th and run through Sunday, April 23rd.
- Hansen and the Online Permitting System will NOT be available during this time.
- We will be running solely on the new IPS software on Monday, April 24th.
- On Monday, April 24, 2023, you will begin to use the new Rhythm portal to access existing permits and apply for new Building and Planning Permits.
How to Prepare
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Please DO NOT create your own Contractor Account on the portal. You must request a new portal account via this link: https://citrusbocc.smapply.io/prog/bocc_contractor_signup
- The SurveyMonkey website will require you to register to create a login.
- It will send a verification email to the email address you provided. The email subject will read “SurveyMonkey Apply Account Email Verification”. Click on “Confirm email address” in the body of the email to continue. You will be brought back to the website where you will click on “Start” to proceed.
- Under “Your tasks”, click on “Contractor Portal Request Form”. Complete the form and submit. You will see a green check mark at the top of the form with the date you completed the form.
- Once submitted, your form will be received by staff, information updated in our system, and a new portal account created for you. Should we require further information, we will contact you.
- You will receive an email notifying you the new portal account has been created and a temporary password provided.
- You will login using your existing Contractor ID utilized in the current online permitting system (5 numbers).
- You will be asked to change your temporary password upon login.
About the Project
To improve efficiency and services for our contractors and citizens, Citrus County will be migrating from our current software system, Infor Hansen, to a newer system called Infor Public Sector (IPS). The Building Division, along with several other divisions, will be involved in this migration with an anticipated Go Live date of April 2023.
We will be adding the ability to submit Building and Planning applications in our new online portal “Rhythm”. Rhythm was opened to the public in March 2021 and allows citizens to submit service requests to various Citrus County BOCC divisions using a new user friendly, 24/7 online portal located at portal.citrusbocc.com. Requests for Engineering, Grounds Maintenance, Road Maintenance, Solid Waste, and Water Conservation may currently be submitted using this portal from any desktop or mobile device.
In addition, we are implementing DigEplan, an electronic Plans Review software. Plans added to the online portal will now be reviewed, marked up and stamped electronically, reducing our reliance on paper. Original electronic plans will be maintained along with copies of all markups for tracking purposes.
- We are looking for volunteers to assist in testing our new workflows and processes in the new online system prior to Go Live in April.
- We should be ready by January to recruit testers. If you would like to participate and contribute to this process, please send an email to the following staff members:
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience as we work through this migration. We are excited to share with you the capabilities of the new system and look forward to working with you.