In accordance with Ordinance 97-02, Section 18, an owner of improved real property who can demonstrate that a dwelling unit thereon was unoccupied and vacant during the entire Assessment Period in which the Annual Disposal Assessment was imposed, may request reimbursement of the residential Solid Waste MSBU.
Applications are now available and can be submitted to the County before 5:00 p.m. on June 28, 2019. A determination will be based on evidence of a vacancy provided by the property owner, January 1, 2018 through and including December 31, 2018.
The following information must be given to be considered eligible for a vacancy reimbursement:
• Applicant must be the owner of the property
• Applicant shall complete the application in full
• Applicant shall provide proof that the tax bill was paid in full prior to April 30th.
• Applicant shall provide proof of non-occupancy in the form of minimal usage utility bills, January 1st through December 31st
• Application must be received by 5:00 p.m. on June 28, 2019.
Applications and supporting documentation must be submitted in person or by mail. No applications submitted by email will be considered. The property owner must be able to provide the Alternate Key (AK) number when completing the application and signature is required.
The application form is available at Citrus County Resources Center, Lecanto Government Building, the Citrus County Courthouse (Inverness) Administration Office 2nd floor, and on the following website: https://www.citrusbocc.com/pubworks/swm/solid-waste.htm
Send completed application together with supporting documentation to:
Citrus County Land Section
Solid Waste MSBU
3600 West Sovereign Path Suite 205
Lecanto, FL 34461
For any questions, please call Citrus County Land Section at 352-527-5458.