Yulee Drive Sidewalk Project Moves Forward
The Yulee Drive Sidewalk Project in Homosassa continues to move forward. The sidewalk construction is a Department of Transportation (DOT) Local Agency Program (LAP) project. LAP projects are federally funded which means the planning and approval stages takes longer, and are more complicated, than with a locally funded project of the same size and scope. Here’s where the project is at this time:
• Construction plans are complete.
• Advertisement of a Request for Qualifications for Construction Engineering Inspection (CEI), Resident Compliance Services (RCS) and material testing services is complete and advertised.
• The County will review, select and then request approval from DOT to proceed with the selected CEI/RCS consultant.
• After DOT’s approval of the selected consultant, the LAP agreement for funding construction and CEI/RCS services will be sent to the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) for approval.
• After BOCC approval of the agreement the County will request DOT’s approval to move forward with construction.
• Current anticipated construction start is sometime after January 2018. Once started construction should take 4 ½ to 5 months to complete.