Ron Kitchen Jr. - Commissioner
County Commission District 2
Commissioner Ron Kitchen started his term with the Board of County Commission in November 2014.
4 Year Term
Expiration of Current Term of Office:
After the Storm: Local Planners Brainstorm (Bay News 9)
Town Hall Meeting
Find out what was discussed at the December 10, 2015 Town Hall Meeting.
Currently Serving as:
- Board of Directors, Florida Association of Counties - District 10 (Pasco, Hernando and Citrus)
- Chairman of the Hernando/Citrus Metropolitan Planning Organization
- Member of the Tampa Bay Area Regional Transportation Authority (TBARTA)
- Member of the TBARTA MPO Chairs Coordinating Committee (CCC)
- Secretary/Treasurer of the Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council
- Chairman of the Tourist Development Council
- Member of the Tampa Bay Transportation Management Area Leadership Group (TMA)
- Joint Governmental Group (BOCC, Inverness, Crystal River, School Board)
Other Public Service:
- 1987- Present: President and CEO, Barbaron, Inc. Citrus County Florida. A specialized golf course renovation, construction, design, and project management company
- 2000-2010 Mayor of the City of Crystal River, Florida
- Chairman of the County Transportation Planning Organization 2011-2012
- Member of the Habitat for Humanity Advisory Board 2012
- President of the Crystal River Chamber of Commerce 1993-1994
- Chairman of the Economic Development Association of Citrus County 1996
- Graduate of Leadership Citrus Class of 1996
- Bachelor of Science, Business Management, Liberty University, Lynchburg, Virginia
Ron and his wife Kerri have lived in Citrus County since moving here in 1987 from Virginia. Soon after arriving here, Ron became very active in the community and remains so even today. Ron and his wife Kerri have two sons, Sean and Troy, who were born and raised here.
Ron wants to do what he can to make Citrus County better now and for future generations. Ron has over 35 years in top level management with years of decision making and proactive leadership experience in both the private and public sector.