Conservation and protection of Florida's water resources begins at home. Homeowner's Landscaping choices can affect the health of ground and surface waters, and by extension, the natural environment.
Florida-Friendly Landscaping was developed by University of Florida Extension using low-maintenance plants and environmentally sustainable practices to create and maintain a beautiful landscape that could save you time, energy and money while protecting our future.
Plan to stroll through Citrus County extension Learning Center to learn more about the nine principles of Florida-Friendly Landscaping.
- What to Plant in October, Nov. & Dec.
- Add Some Sunshine - Try Sunflowers
- Don't be in a Hurry to Shoo Away a Racer
- Spring Vegetable Gardening Tips
- Harbingers of Spring-like Weather: Redbud
- Azaleas for Early Spring Color in Your Landscape