Master Gardener Certification
To Become A Certified Master Gardener Volunteer, The Applicant Must:
- Undergo training and pledge 35 hours of volunteer service per year in support of Extension programming.
- Attend training which is twice a week, 6 hours a day, for 10-12 weeks.
- Provide University of Florida research-based information to the public at the Extension office
- Conduct plant clinics at the county libraries
- Hold one plant sale
- Assist with Extension programs
- Be available to speak to community groups if needed
For more information, contact the Extension Office at (352) 527-5700.
Classes are conducted throughout the year as volunteer opportunities become available at the Citrus County Extension Office. The subjects covered in the training include:
- plant identification
- plant diseases
- plant propagation
- pesticide selection and uses
- plant selection
- and much more