Citrus County Strategic Plan
Download the plan here: Strategic Planning Document
Vision Statement: A welcoming, economically vibrant community where people and nature live in harmony.
- Update and retain a dynamic Comprehensive Plan that implements smart growth strategies to guide future development.
- Lead and manage through multiple partnerships to attract and retain talent to grow and diversify the local economy.
- Prioritize the protection and improvement of environmental assets.
- Cultivate an environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit and economic development while ensuring all citizens are connected to resources that provide a path to prosperity.
- Invest in infrastructure sufficient to support protected growth with priority given to correcting current infrastructure deficits.
- Develop/establish a comprehensive system of care for mental and physical health that will address the growing need for services by all citizens.
- Broaden the county’s tax base and plan for early education to develop skills needed to ensure a prosperous future to cultivate business growth.
- Provide fiscal and environmental stewardship and facilitate the growth of the county’s healthcare, medical, and public safety workforce.
April 2022: FSU FIOG Hosts Community Input Sessions & Strategic Planning Workshop
May 2022: Draft Plan to BOCC for Public Input & Approval
June 2022: Staff Begins Developing Strategic Goals for FY23-24
January 2023: Discussion of Strategic Goals at BOCC Planning Retreat
April 2023: Staff Submits Budget Requests Tied to Strategic Goals
October 2023: FY2023-2024 Begins
2025 - 2027: First Strategic Plan Review Process Begins
For more information on the strategic planning process, or to schedule a speaker for your association or organization, please email email@example.com.