Citrus County Strategic Planning
"Where nature and community thrive."
Our Vision: A welcoming, economically vibrant community where people and nature live in harmony.
- Update and retain a dynamic Comprehensive Plan that implements smart growth strategies to guide future development.
- Lead and manage through multiple partnerships to attract and retain talent to grow and diversify the local economy.
- Prioritize the protection and improvement of environmental assets.
- Cultivate an environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit and economic development while ensuring all citizens are connected to resources that provide a path to prosperity.
- Invest in infrastructure sufficient to support protected growth with priority given to correcting current infrastructure deficits.
- Develop/establish a comprehensive system of care for mental and physical health that will address the growing need for services by all citizens.
- Broaden the county’s tax base and plan for early education to develop skills needed to ensure a prosperous future to cultivate business growth.
- Provide fiscal and environmental stewardship and facilitate the growth of the county’s healthcare, medical, and public safety workforce.
2023 Targets for Action
The Citrus County Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) held a Strategic Planning Retreat on Wednesday, January 25, 2023, at the Lecanto Government Building. This goal-setting session provided an opportunity for commissioners to discuss, plan, and prioritize programs, projects, and issues facing Citrus County. During the retreat, individual commissioner priorities were discussed at length and prioritized based on group consensus:
- County Road 491 Expansion
- New Animal Shelter Facility
- COMPLETED: Funding for Behavioral Health Facility
- Barge Canal Boat Ramp
- Inverness Business-Industrial Park
- Crystal River Airport Runway Extension & Expansion
- COMPLETED: Class & Pay Study for BOCC Staff
- Identify & Evaluate Alternative Funding Sources
- Evaluate Current Funding Sources
- Transportation Concurrency
- Infrastructure Master Plan
- Parks & Recreation Master Plan
- Beverly Hills/Central Ridge Park Action Plan
- Strategic Planning Implementation
- Communications Plan Development & Brand-Building
- Beautify Citrus Campaign
For more information on the strategic planning process, or to schedule a speaker for your association or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.