Residential Self-Haul Program
The Citrus County Residential
Self-Haul Program is a service where Citrus County residents (self-hauler) can bring their bagged garbage and/or yard waste to the Citrus County Landfill.
Please see the requirements below:
- The self-hauler shall permanently affix the purchased sticker on the upper left (driver’s side) outside corner of the windshield of a RESIDENTIAL vehicle only.
- This sticker is Not permitted on business vehicles.
- The self-hauler shall use lane #2 as indicated on the overhead sign.
- The self-hauler may dispose of up to eight (8) 30-gallon bags or cans, per week.
- Additional solid waste disposal fees are due at the scale house, if materials or amounts exceed eight (8) 30-gallon bags or cans.
- Waste must be contained in bags or cans when delivered to the Landfill and yard waste must be removed from the bags at the time of disposal.
- Non-bagged waste must still be weighed and is subject to normal disposal fees. Loads may be combined with the normally "free disposal" materials such as; scrap metal, used oil and antifreeze, lead acid and ni-cad batteries, fluorescent bulbs and recyclable materials.
- The self-hauler agrees to dispose of solid waste, or yard waste, generated only from his or her residence located in Citrus County.
- Replacement of the Residential Self-Haul Program Pass (due to sale of vehicle or replacement of windshield) will be made at no cost, if pieces of the sticker are returned.
- There will be no more than two (2) replacement stickers issued per fiscal year.
- The Residential Self-Haul Program Pass is non-transferable and non-refundable.