Department of Systems Management
The Department of Systems Management provides technical support, networking capabilities, and high quality services to the Board of County Commissioners staff and employees.
- The Applications section designs, programs, and maintains many of the core BOCC systems, the County websites, Online Permitting, and many others.
- The Operations section provides the necessary support for the computer, server, and network operations for the Board.
- The GIS Division is responsible for developing and maintaining effective geospatial data in our GIS system to increase the efficiency of county departments, agencies, and regional partners in meeting their business needs.
- Systems Management provides on-site technical support to Board staff along with providing backups and disaster recovery support of data in conjunction with other technical resources.
- Most of the internal phone systems at the BOCC, as well as other government offices, is provided through the Department of Systems Management. This provides a unified system for conferencing, voicemail, and support.
The Department of Systems Management supports nearly 500 desktop computers and 22 servers located across more than 20 locations.
Cooperation with other constitutional officers is facilitated via a high speed fiber optic ring which this department manages. This provides a stable and redundant connection between many larger government offices. This reduces over-all cost to the county by consolidating network communications on a single network rather than many separately purchased by each office.