Public Records Requests
Consistent with the premise that government exists first to serve the interests of the people, it is the intent of the Board of County Commissioners to establish a public records policy consistent with state law.
Citrus County Public Records Policy AR 17.02-2
Florida Statute, Chapter 119.01 - General state policy on public records:
(1) It is the policy of this state that all state, county, and municipal records are open for personal inspection and copying by any person. Providing access to public records is a duty of each agency.
- Orange Data processes Open Code Compliance violations and Open Building Permit records for Citrus County. Click on link to get started: Go to Orange Data
- City Building Permits within CITY LIMITS: City of Crystal River or City of Inverness
- BOCC Meeting agendas, backup material and speaker cards: Citrus County Clerk of Courts, Commission Records
- BOCC Budget Records: Office of Management & Budget
- Fire Code Violations or Fire Inspections for COMMERCIAL buildings.
- Foreclosures, List of Lands, Deeds/Mortgages: Citrus County Clerk of Courts
- GIS Maps and Useful Information: Geographic Information Systems
- Marriage/Birth/Death Records: Florida Department of Health
- Planning Development Zoning and Land Use Information
- Police Reports/Arrest Records: Citrus County Sheriff’s Office
- Septic system records: Florida Department of Health in Citrus County
Board of County Commissioners public records not covered above: *Click Here To Make A Request*
Citrus County Board of County Commissioners Custodian of Public Records:
Nancy Jo Kinch, CRM, CPM
Records Manager & RMLO
3600 W. Sovereign Path, Suite 267
Lecanto, FL. 34461
Phone: (352) 527-5235