Public Records Requests
Consistent with the premise that government exists first to serve the interests of the people, it is the intent of the Board of County Commissioners to establish a public records policy consistent with state law.
Citrus County Public Records Policy AR 17.02-2
Florida Statute, Chapter 119.01 - General state policy on public records:
(1) It is the policy of this state that all state, county, and municipal records are open for personal inspection and copying by any person. Providing access to public records is a duty of each agency.
- Orange Data processes Open Code Compliance violations and Open Building Permit records and Zoning and Land Use Verifications for Citrus County. Click on link to get started: Go to Orange Data
- City Building Permits within CITY LIMITS: City of Crystal River or City of Inverness
- BOCC Open Records Permit Portal: https://portal.citrusbocc.com/
- BOCC Budget Records: Office of Management & Budget
- BOCC Job Descriptions: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/citrusfl/classspecs
- BOCC Meeting agendas, backup material and speaker cards: Citrus County Clerk of Courts Public Records Request
- Citrus County Hospital Board Access to Public Records Requests: Citrus County Hospital Board - Contact Us
- Fire Code Violations or Fire Inspections for COMMERCIAL buildings.
- Foreclosures, List of Lands, Deeds/Mortgages: https://search.citrusclerk.org/LandmarkWeb
- GIS Maps and Useful Information: Geographic Information Systems
- Marriage/Birth/Death Records: Florida Department of Health
- Police Reports/Arrest Records: Citrus County Sheriff’s Office Public Records
- Septic system records: Florida Department of Health in Citrus County
To submit a Public Records Request not covered above visit our ONLINE PUBLIC PORTAL: *Click Here To Make A Request*
Citrus County Board of County Commissioners Custodian of Public Records:
Records Manager & RMLO
3600 W. Sovereign Path, Suite 267
Lecanto, FL. 34461
Phone: (352) 527-5235